Ahhh, one of the best days of the year is rapidly approaching and we need to prepare. You guessed it, the 4th of July! This is one of those special holidays that bring together friends, family and the entire country to celebrate such a special day in history. If you are spending your 4th of July in California, then you are some things you need to know to enjoy the day and experience the full patriotic experience!
- Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe is one the best places to spend the 4th of July with your friends and family. With sandy beaches, delicious food and the Red White and Blue festival happening you are guaranteed a fun filled day. Lake Tahoe is known for having one of the largest synchronized firework displays in the western United States. You can watch by grabbing a blanket and sitting on the beach, a boat, or basically anywhere. During the day you can walk around the village, listen to live music, and just soak in the upbeat environment with the other 100,000 people that come to this celebration every year.
- Late Night BBQ at the Aquarium of the PacificIf you are in the Los Angeles area for the 4th than the Aquarium of the Pacific is one of the many things to do for the day! Clench your taste with delicious grilled foods and adult beverages to kick back and relax. Once the sun sets the Aquarium will grant you access to walk around at night and get to look at all the exotic unique sea creatures. Definitely a great way to keep the little ones occupied before the firework show starts!
- KABOOMIn Pomona, a city in Southern California, you can celebrate the 4th in an exciting, exhilarating environment called Kaboom! Head to the Pit Party where you can take pictures and mingle with the daredevils that drive the monster trucks that will be in the show you will be watching! For only $10 you can take a ride on the Zombie monster truck that takes you on a thrilling, bumpy ride around the track on the back of a real monster truck! After settling down from an awesome day you can sit back and watch the vibrant firework show that will begin at 9:15pm.
- Americafest at the Rose bowl For the past 90 years the Rose bowl has been home to the largest firework show in Southern California. The Rose bowl is one of the most important things to know about if you are looking to spend the 4th of July in California. You can expect lots of food, crafts, exhibits and even inflatable rides for kids. The Bowl opens at 2pm, shows including motorcycle stunts and a performance from American Idol winner Maddie Poppe that will start at 7pm. After the performances are done the extravagant firework show will go on from 9:00-9:30 pm.
- Thousand OaksWhether it is an all-you-can- eat pancake breakfast for just $3 or a Home Run Derby, Thousand Oaks, located in Ventura Country has plenty of different activities and things to participate in to celebrate the day right! For free, there is an open swim where several pools will be open to jump in and cool off from the hot California sun. If you are looking to have a more laid back kind of day, there will be a free patriotic concert at the park starting at 5 p.m. including crafts for kids to make. A great way to settle down from all the hype of the day before the firework show starts at 9 p.m.
- Old Fashioned Barn Dance & BBQ If you want to channel your inner kid again then head down to Topanga for an Old Fashioned Barn Dance & BBQ! Perfect for any age there is plenty of different activities, crafts, games and so much more to celebrate the day in a fun old fashioned way. Expect to play games like horseshoes, Jenga, darts, corn- toss, pie eating contests etc. You can whip out your inner barn dancing moves while sipping on some beer or wine while eating delicious barbecue food! This event is held from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. all ages welcome.
Independence day will always be one of the best days of the year for America. Celebrations all around and everyone coming together for the same purpose. There is something humbling about this day and you should be spending it in a way that best suits you. If you will be in California there are some things we wanted you to know about the 4th of July so you can compare all your options. Whether it’s a laid back day just vibing to some good music or watching shows that will keep you one the edge of your seat, you are guaranteed a day to remember!
Looking to plan a trip to California in the future but struggling to get started?
With our professional expertise we can help guide you every step of the way to plan your next perfect getaway!
Contact us at email@example.com